in , , ,

Dangerous Dog Treats – How To Keep Your Dog Safe When Offering A Treat…


Most dogs really enjoy these treats. They are advertised as a treat that help clean your dog’s teeth. However, you need to be aware that “greenies” can cause choking. This is because dogs eat these very quickly, which can cause large chunks to lodge in the throat. Young puppies and dogs that are prone to “scarfing” food should not eat this treat. If your dog eats these treats, be aware of potential vomiting, bloody stools, and difficulty breathing.  If you notice any of these symptoms after your dog has eaten this treat, seek medical attention.


Rawhide Chews:

What dog does not love snacking on these chewy treats? Rawhides are good because it cleans your dog’s teeth and keeps your dog occupied. However, rawhides can be dangerous, as well. Some rawhides that originate outside of the United States may actually be preserved with arsenic-based chemicals that will be ingested by your doggie when he or she chews.  For this reason, make certain that any rawhide treat you purchase is processed in the United States where this preservative is forbidden.  If you cannot tell where a treat originated do not buy it! In addition, you still need to watch your dog when he or she is munching on rawhides to help prevent choking. Make sure you buy rawhides that are the right size for your dog, too. A small dog needs the smaller sized rawhide treats.

 Click the next page for more – including something that you should never give your dog…

What do you think?

120 points
Upvote Downvote
Featured Video Play Icon

‘Star Wars In Public’ Video Escalates To Ridiculous Levels Fast!

Facebook Releases Messenger App For Under 13s