Jay-Z may not make quite as many social media storms as his wife, Beyonce, but while she dazzles he is steady bringing in the money and is now officially the wealthiest person in music.
The rapper is estimated to be worth $900 million, putting him in joint fifth place on the list of the richest celebrities in America. Not bad for a boy from Marcy Projects, right?
But what about Dre?
Dr. Dre was reported to be worth over one billion dollars after his Beats headphone deal..
However, sources say he is actually worth $770 million right now – although that looks set to rise after his departure from Apple this past autumn.
In the meantime, here’s the current list of America’s wealthiest celebrities:
1. George Lucas (net worth $5.4 billion)
2. Steven Spielberg ($3.7 billion)
3. Oprah Winfrey ($2.8 billion)
4. Michael Jordan ($1.7 billion)
5. Tie — Kylie Jenner ($900 million)
5. Tie — Jay-Z ($900 million)
7. David Copperfield ($875 million)
8. Diddy ($825 million)
9. Tie — Tiger Woods ($800 million)
9. Tie — James Patterson ($800 million)
(Oh, and remember, while these celebs have serious bank – they won’t even touch the wealthiest people in business, etc)….