17 Steve Jobs Quotes That Will Make You Want To Get Up, Get Out & Get Something!
Steve Jobs was an undeniable visionary who catapulted Apple to a phenomenal worldwide success. His story was about having a vision, bringing that vision to life and never giving up, even when the odds are stacked against you. It is a game of chess, not checkers, and in the end, he made one heck of a chess move, that not only got him the company which he started in his garage, back but made him a billionaire in the process.
While Jobs is no longer here in the physical, he has left us with some indelible words of wisdom, which we all should live by, if our main goal is to be successful at something. We all fall a time or two, but it is the ones who get back up, dust themselves off and persevere, who ultimately make it to the finish line. Steve Jobs life proved this to be true. Keep on going, and use these quotes to fuel your success.
1. Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.
2. Here’s to the crazy ones — the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently — they’re not fond of rules. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can’t do is ignore them because they change things. They push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.
3. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.
4. Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me. Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful, that’s what matters to me.
5. Stay hungry, stay foolish.
6. That’s been one of my mantras — focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex. You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it’s worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains.
7. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking.
8. You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it’s worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains.
9. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.
10. I think if you do something and it turns out pretty good, then you should go do something else wonderful, not dwell on it for too long. Just figure out what’s next.
11. If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time.
12. Sometimes life is going to hit you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith.
13. But innovation comes from people meeting up in the hallways or calling each other at 10:30 at night with a new idea, or because they realized something that shoots holes in how we’ve been thinking about a problem.
14. Details matter, it’s worth waiting to get it right.
15. I’m convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.
16. If you don’t love something, you’re not going to go the extra mile, work the extra weekend, challenge the status quo as much.
17. No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be because death is very likely the single best invention of life. It is Life’s change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new.
Thanks, Steve Jobs for leaving a blueprint for those of us who are not scared to follow our dreams, even if it means failing a time or two.