A Swedish mom who took a stand against sugar has become a social media sensation.
Anna Larsson decided to cut out sugary treats from her daughter’s diet after she became concerned about the cravings the little girl was experiencing. Anna had to weather a few difficult days, but the results were remarkable. Not only was her 4-year-old daughter sleeping better and less grumpy but she also started to happily eat healthy options that she would have once refused.
38-year-old Mrs Larsson shared her story on Facebook and her post went viral – being shared thousands of times. Speaking about the response to her post, Mrs Larsson explained:
Speaking on the change with her daughter (whose name she has not revealed), Mrs Larsson continued:
The change surprised Mrs Larsson enough that she decided to share her story.
However, Mrs Larsson found that some people criticized her stance on sugar, causing her to respond:
So, how much sugar should we eat?
- age two – under 13 grams or one to three teaspoons per day
- age three – under 15 grams or two to four teaspoons per day
- age four to six – under 19 grams or three to five teaspoons per day
- age seven to 10 years – under 24 grams or four to six teaspoons per day
- age 11 and over – under 30 grams or five to seven teaspoons per day
Photo Credit: Kalmarposten
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.